- Denmark 3rd Best Country in new Prosperity Index
Denmark was recently ranked no. 1 in Europe in the World Bank’s Doing Business report and now takes a top position in the annual Legatum Prosperity Index. Malaysia is ranked 44th in the Index, which is the best ranking of any country in Southeast-Asia, after Singapore.
- Denmark has Europe's best business environment
The World Bank's Doing Business Report 2016 place Denmark in top 3 in the world and best in Europe, and consolidates Malaysia as a top 20 country in its “ease of doing business" index.
- Food and agro-tech in focus during visit by CEO of Danish Agriculture & Food Council, Ms. Karen Hækkerup
CEO of the Danish Agriculture & Food Council and former minister, Ms. Karen Hækkerup, is visiting Malaysia 19-21 October to enhance bilateral trade and facilitate access to the Malaysian market of Danish food and agro-tech companies through closer cooperation between Danish and Malaysian companies and public authorities.
- Denmark and Malaysia both improve their international competitiveness ranking
The Global Competitiveness Report 2015-2016 by the World Economic Forum shows a slight improvement for both Malaysia and Denmark to a ranking of number 18 and 12, respectively.
- Postal voting regarding Danish opt-in/ opt-out on EU matters on Justice and Home Affairs
Postal voting regarding the referendum on 3 December 2015 on transforming the current Danish opt-out into an opt-in on EU matters on Justice and Home Affairs.
- Article: EU Heads of Mission on Climate Change
A newly published article on climate change, co-authored by EU Heads of Mission, pinpoints the challenges and welcomes initiatives by Malaysia
- 'Red Shirt' Rallies on 16 September 2015
According to information made available to the Danish Embassy, it is recommended to avoid rallies on 16 September 2015 in the Bukit Bintang and Petaling Street areas of Kuala Lumpur.
- Trade Development 2015 - Second Quarter Update
Imports from Malaysia to Denmark grew steadily while export from Denmark to Malaysia declined.
- Dual Citizenship
As of 1 September 2015, Danes have the opportunity to acquire dual citizenship.
- BERSIH 4.0 RALLY on 29-30 August 2015
According to information made available to the Danish Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, the coalition for Free and Fair Elections (Bersih) is planning to hold large rallies in Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu (Sabah) and Kuching (Sarawak) between 14:00 on 29 August and 23:59 on 30 August.